Monday, September 10, 2012

Thank You Deering Estate Educational Staff!



This was the first time I was at Deering Estate and had a great time!  To the right is a picture I took for my first photojournalism entry.  Although it may be a touristy picture, I believe it works for the assignment, and I will explain what the picture means to me.  I went to Deering with a positive attitude and was excited to be there and to see what they do.  That being said, because of the educational staff my eyes were awakened to new information and knowledge that I did not even consider before.  The picture to me explains the openness and the endless possibilities that I felt walking and going on the nature tours around the estate.  Similar to the educational leaders I had the craving for more knowledge; I did not want to stop asking questions, because I was thrilled to learn new information.

Unfortunately, my brain could not soak up all the information that was given to me; however, the most important thing I did learn or realized trumps everything else.  That is there is a plethora of information about nature, weather, plants, animals, and how they all interconnect within their and the entire ecosystem.  That endless array of information is exciting and knowing how much more information is out there, is like opening a new world that is full of opportunities.  Therefore, the picture represents the beauty of nature and to the endless amount of knowledge opportunities we know and do not know about the environment we live in.    

Jeremy Crowley

No comments:

Post a Comment